Saturday, September 13, 2008

initial post

I had intended this first post to be somewhere lengthy, but considering the hour, and my current physical condition (ill) I had better just keep it short and sweet. The idea of starting a new blog had been flung around in my head for a while. The xanga site I had just didn't pan out the way I wanted it to be, and then when they revamped it, and made in more of a social networking site, similar to a blog/facebook cross, I lost interest. For those reasons and many others that site remains abandoned, and probably will be reclaimed by xanga for someone else's use. This site's purpose, or alt least it's intended one, is to serve for me a word-smithing house. Well, duh, it's a blog I hear you say. True, and I agree, however the reasoning behind it is that I have known for some time that my writing skills are in need of honing. One of the ways to take care of this is just to write, make the motion of putting the mental thought down to the keyboard (or whatever writing instrument you prefer, stylus and clay tablet, paper and pen, etc.) For now, so that I might have the exercise, I have started here. The other benefit is that for those of your out there, either family friend, or stranger stumbling upon this place, is to see them and read the thoughts that happen to be a part of this exercise. Now thatI have a young son, it is my hope too that somehow it may be preserved, and he might look back and see his father's thoughts, and see how my mind progresses and matures. Hopefully it will prove to be a good example for him. Now that I've graduated college, and for the moment, am free to pursue the varied interests of an Arts majors, I hope to write upon them. Two of the main ones being music and mycology. Mycology is what keeps me currently employed, and through an amazing set of events that could only have been constructed by God, I am in the field. (Not literally at this moment, but sometimes depending on the work, but that's a different field) Also, music, and it happens to be something I am most passionate about,and also what my major was in. Theology will also be discussed as I find the discussion of God and His workings an amazing field of variety and full of deep mental intertwinings. Also, anything else that strikes fancy. So with that, I think this concludes this first post, and may it be the first of many many more.

No comments: