Friday, February 13, 2009

Well, I have been a fan of Cold Steel knives for many years, probably ten or more. With my recent interest in being kilted, I have taken and interest in being more and more accurately dressed, kilt hose, sgian duhb ("skeen doob" a sock knife) ghillie brogues, etc etc. Well, it was brought up on a forum that Cold Steel makes a sgian (although with a different spelling) but it's a new type of blade made out of a plastic polymer, with characteristics similar to a cermaic blade. If fact they have a whole line of these blades! The video below is from their website, and is really amazing. I'm impressed with these knives, their sharpness, and their affordability. I already own a Cold Steel knife I carry all the time, looks like I'll be adding more to that one soon! If I do, I'll be sure to post a review of what I think of it.



Enjoy!! (I'm especially impressed with the last part of the film, yes, the 2x4 part.)

No comments: